Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Machu Picchu: Part 2

Machu Picchu was Beautiful.


In multiple ways I got lost in the ruins. Breath taking precision used in building their Temples. They carved each stone to perfectly fit the next one- no mortar was used inbetween. The most amazing rocks were the 2 ton ones above the doors cut perfectly in right angles. Reader: I'm trying to engage your imagination by showing what truly impressed me, my words fall short your imagination will need to pick up the slack.

This was one of the best days of the trip. One of the best experiences, trying to imagine what this room or that room was used for. The way they directed the water flowage from room to room down hill, creating passages under massives stones. I heard that since it's abandonment and the explores re-finding, the irrigation/water flowage system has been corrupted and now M.Picchu is slowly sinking but don't worry the Japanese are on it.

From here our journey takes us back to Cusco by 9:00pm (about 3 1/2 hours by train and taxi),
10:00 pm on a bus to Puno, Peru (Lake Titikaka) which arrives there at 5:00am.

No comments: