Monday, August 24, 2009

Home-Fondy La Crosse

The posts may become a bit more boring, quite less adventures, unsatisfyingly exotic, but all together worthy of an occasional drop-by-and-see-whats-been-going-on.

After getting home from South America I venture on another week of vacation.  To the north woods of Wisconsin to a very very special place called Camp Susan.  We rent out a whole lake (about 2 miles around by trail) with cabins and all.  About 75 of us Ronsmans gather to drink beer, play cards, swim, drink cards and play beer.  It is just great.  I can't help but be honest and say that when I was in La Paz those last few days, I may have thought about Camp Susan a few times.  Sheepshead, Euchre, Blackjack, 31 "Clinker", Horseshoes, gambling at the casino on slots, poker.  So many games.  At the end of each night we sit around a massive fire, drink beer, tell stories, I tell my "one minute mysteries" which everyone gets pissed about.

A great week up there I tell ya.  You betcha.

Now I'm going to La Crosse to find a job!  Possibilities:  Radisson- Bartending for weddings, AmeriCorps positions, Youth Coach-helping troubled youth find jobs, and working for a temp agency.  All of which would not be long term.  Who knows!

Call me if you have any ideas.   

No comments: